Saturday, September 8, 2012

Paleo: Pumpkin Cashew Coconut Curry over Coconut Rice

Doesn't this look delicious?
To be honest, this Paleo thing has been getting bland and boring, so I've been poking around different sites to find appealing recipes with a lot of flavor.  I've been feeling a lot better, so I didn't want to give up and go back to my old ways.  So, if you're doing Paleo and are getting a bored like me, check out this website:  PaleOMG
Amazing!  I'm not sure if I like it because the recipes look great, or because she reminds me of my little brother (she has our sense of humor).  Either way, I'm a fan! 
So, back to the recipe.  I saw the title of this one and immediately thought "I can't have that... it has rice in it."  There are a few versions of Paleo and one of them includes grains.  I want to continue staying away from grains.  Feeling better after eliminating them for so long, going backwards wasn't something I am willing to do quite yet.
The surprise:  the "rice" in this recipe is made with cauliflower (WHAT??), coconut milk, unsweetened coconut, coconut oil and a pinch of salt (which I omitted - still trying to leave that out of my meals if possible).
The rest of it is made up of everything you see here: 
The meal was delicious!  Of course I would have rather used heavy cream for the curry sauce, but this was still pretty tasty, and my belly appreciated my choice!  I used a little more coconut milk than the recipe called for, but the flavors all blended together were awesome!  Bye bye bland food!  
She has a great rib recipe that I'm going to try out this weekend too.  This is a fun little adventure... I love food! 
Today's afternoon activity is going to be making sweet potato brownies with the kids.  That is on the website as well.  It doesn't sound appetizing, but I like trying new foods.  If I didn't, I would have never known that sushi is the best food EVER!!!  Challenge accepted! 
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.