Saturday, August 25, 2012

Paleo recipe: Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes with Walnuts


This recipe was pulled from Cooking Lite

Even before I started Paleo, this was one of my favorite recipes for when Brussels Sprouts are in season.  The flavors are so wonderful, and it's easy enough to make because almost all of the ingredients in the recipe are things I keep on hand. 

I remember my dad telling us all that brussels sprouts were his favorite vegetable and always being grossed out by it.  Now that I've tried fresh ones, we eat them quite a bit.  Frozen doesn't come anywhere close to the way fresh ones taste when they are prepared.  So, if you haven't tried fresh ones, you should. 

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes with Walnuts
  • 24 oz brussels sprouts (about 8 cups), halved or quartered if large
  • 24 oz grapes (red adds an extra sweetness to it)
  • 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 4 Tbsp fresh thyme (I use dried... about 1 tsp)
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (I don't usually toast them, and it's still yummy)
  1. Heat oven to 450.  On two rimmed baking sheets, toss brussels sprouts and grapes with oil and thyme.  Season with salt and pepper.  Roast, until caramelized and tender, about 20 minutes.  
  2. Drizzle each tray with 1 tsp vinegar and scrape up any caramelized bits with a wooden spoon.  Toss in walnuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.