Monday, August 20, 2012

Indian Fish Curry

Paleo is not a hopeless mission after all!



It was delicious, prepared in 20 minutes AND **BONUS** the kids ate it! 

Onion, garlic, ginger, unsweetened coconut milk, plum tomato, cod, curry and tumeric.  It would have tasted much better if I had used whole milk or cream, but the recipe didn't even call for that.  This is how it was supposed to be made.  No improvising for little old me!
 
I have to take a moment and rave about a cookbook series that has been around for a while but is very new to me.  Williams-Sonoma puts it out and it's called "Food Made Fast."  A lot of my favorite meals come from this series and they are healthy too.  The recipes in it take no more than 30 minutes (start to finish), and there are even "make ahead" meals where you make a large portion of something  for one meal (meat sauce, polenta, stock, etc.) with the intention of using it for a few more meals the rest of the week.  It's wonderful!!!  It will come in handy once school starts!  The slow cooker book is amazing as well!  This recipe came from the Seafood book.

HUGE thank you to the dear friend that introduced this series to me.  My life hasn't been the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.