Friday, August 17, 2012

Meet my ladies

 This is where our ladies live.

We got the coop used and J painted it.  J also built the run!  The only other thing we have to do is put a roof on top to "winterize" it, so to speak.  Once this bad boy was put together and the chickens were big enough to go outside... That's when I started enjoying chicken ownership. 

They are growing on me! 
 
We have 8 chickens, but this one is my favorite.  She has such a personality, and has since she was a baby chick.  She has always been a jumper, bouncing off the heads of her "sisters".  Even now, I look out in the coop and hear a little "HONK", and see Ms. Thang running into the others, or trying to fly out of the run.  She has a TON of energy, and so we have decided to name her after my extremely wonderful, but energetic brother.  Nothing can happen to this one.  We are very attached to her.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.