Sunday, April 10, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday...Pealing off the wallpaper

Sorry about the delay...yesterday got away from me.
Well, it's been a while since I've had any continuation of my maple sap story.  My house only has wallpaper in the dining room, so I wasn't so worried about what old timers would joke about...
pealing off the wallpaper with the moisture sap gives off.  
We only got about a quart of sap...
yes this will yield a few tablespoons, but it's the concept that I am looking for.  
The kiddos helped each step of the way.  
I want them to see from tree to pancakes.
So I heated up my cast iron skillet, and dumped in the frozen block of sugary water.
Then over medium heat I cooked off the sap slowly.  
During this time I went out to the coop and got half a dozen eggs.
I came back in and it was syrup...It only took about 30 minutes.

To catch up on the saga of our maple syrup...

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.