Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yarn Along...the black shalom


Well, the first shalom is off with her new owner...I hope it is happy and well.
I know it's new owner takes good care of her woolies.
Now for me.
~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. - Ginny

I feel comfortable enough now to alter the pattern.
More M1 in the shoulders...more button holes in the rows between each circle.
My sister and I are built very differently and this is a pattern to truly show this.
I am making my new shalom in charcoal.  I have a plethora of grey sweaters and this will fit in.

As for reading, I am getting bedtime stories now.
W. is really reading.

His current favorite (and my all time favorite children's story) is The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
I love it so much several people have given me copies of it so we have a family read along at night now.
Adults read the part of the tree on the "tricky" (long) pages and W. reads the whole thing with exception of adult part.

He's really growing up all the sudden.

As for my husband and I...we are sharing a book.
Cider by Annie Proulx and Lew Nichols.
We are talking trees for next year and preparing for a mini orchard next year.
We are storing large glass bottles and thinking cider hard and sweet.

2 comments:

  1. That sweater looks nice and warm. How exciting to be planning an orchard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.