Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A vest for baby b...




I thought I had until the end of November.
Imagine my surprise when I got a call...he came early...6 weeks early.
I had been planning a vest of sorts, and had gotten to the point of buying gender neutral yarn and perused a few patterns, but not much further.
After all, I had at least 4 weeks to finish it, right?

And so when I found out that my friend had her baby 6 weeks early, I had to get a move on.  
I thought about it and made my decision quickly.  I made the pebbles vest in super wash wool as premature babies have a tendency towards being cold and having reflux.  I wanted him to be warm and easy to clean.

I also altered the pattern to only have one shoulder button and three side buttons.
What first time mom needs seven buttons to button up on the little squirmy one?
And the buttons were homemade maple buttons from Citysister designs...found here.
The best part...it only took me about 3 episodes of Grey's Anatomy and a Physical Therapy session to complete.  

As for reading...I'm reading The Friday Night Knitting Club...Pretty good, however I'm not quite that far into it.  I need some time to decide about it, but I will say it is not one of the typical G-Rated books I normally read.

Linked to Nichole's craft along and Ginny's knit along

9 comments:

  1. That's a very nice vest and I know your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your friend - she is going to love this vest. It looks so sweet! I hope mom and baby are both doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm sharing a pebble this week too! My first ever go at it.... I hope your friends babe is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "What first time mom needs seven buttons to button up on the little squirmy one?" Not me that's for sure! Your little tweaks to the pattern are so thoughtful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pepple vest for new babies and your's is so pretty. It looks amazing with your buttons, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I'm sure your friends little one will be warm and cozy in that vest. Lovely color and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You finished that quite quickly. It looks so warm and cozy. I bet your friend and her wee baby will love it. Beautiful buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.