Saturday, March 19, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday...a pie for my guy

My husband starts a new job on Monday...Friday was his last (official) day at his old job.
So technically he is unemployed this weekend.
So I made pie.
Somehow it seems fitting.
He wanted cherry pie.
I didn't have enough in the freezer.
So this is what he gets.

Mixed Berry Pie
One recipe double pie crust
about 6 cups blackberries, blueberries, and cherries
2 TBS cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
Mix the berries, flour, cornstarch, and sugar in a bowl.
Roll out the crust and place in a greased pie pan.
Put the berry filling in.
Put the top crust on in any manner you see fit.
(I did lattice, but I saw a lovely one done once with cookie cutters and seasonal shapes.)
Brush top crust with milk and then sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
Bake at 350 for about an hour.
You may want to cover the pie with tinfoil once it turns the correct color brown.
Enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, does that look good. I don't eat pie but my hubby will be happy to come up and commiserate with yours. But only if he shares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty pie. I am not a great baker, but do appreciate the baking of others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.