Saturday, March 12, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday

As long ago promised, I have made a vegetarian meal.
(Yes, you could add bacon and it would be great, but for today, we are all out of bacon.)
Often I will "accidentally" make too many mashed potatoes.
What is one to do with leftover mashed potatoes.

Mashed Potato Pancakes
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
2 eggs
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cheddar cheese shredded
salt and pepper

Stir everything up in a bowl.  Place on a very hot oiled pan (I love my cast iron griddle for this.) by the 1/4 cup full and mash down into a pancake.  Let cook for a few minutes until golden brown, then flip.  After flipping, I like to give it a little smash so that it is about 1/4 inch thick.  Let cook for a few more golden minutes and serve hot.  I use it as a main course, a side, a breakfast whatever my fancy is that day.  But there is no doubt about it, they are rather scrumptious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.