First I took the shirt and cut off the arms. I left on the seams for the arms thinking it would help keep the integrity of the fabric. Then I turned the shirt wrong side out and sewed up the arm holes.
|Arms sewn up|
Then I used a different part of fabric (the sleve of hubby's shirt) and sewed it into the neck of the shirt since it was a v-neck and I couldn't just sew up the neck hole.
|Cut to fit.|
Then I put the pillow in the new sack and sewed it up. Others may have used buttons or a zipper to make it removable, I just wanted to get the job done. It looks weird, but as W. said, "It's like mommy is on the couch snuggling me anytime I want."
From the fabric I also have a few more projects in mind...I may just share with you.
|The finished product|