Thursday, September 6, 2012

Busy work

It's not news to anyone with kids.  From about 4:30pm until bed is called the witching hour.  In order to keep my sanity, I have lined up simple crafts for the kids to do that will take a little bit of time and will keep them happy. 
Insert Fruit O necklace craft here:

All you need are Fruit O's and chicken twine (or anything you can lace a necklace with).
This is not only fantastic busy work, it is also guaranteed to make their mouths happy with sugary snack at the end.  Sugary snacks are a favorite in our house.  It doesn't happen often, so when it does, I get complete silence until it is inhaled.   
#1 was done in no time.  She has the hand eye coordination down.
#2 took a little bit longer.  Not because she doesn't have equally as good hand eye coordination, but because she was explaining the process to her piggy seen here on the left.  My sweet little girl! 
#3 is a boy.  He could have cared less about the craft.  In fact, he stopped listening to the directions as soon as he saw the sugary snack headed his way.  Look at his string.  No effort at all.  Whatever!  At least he wasn't ramming his Radio Flyer wagon into my ankles while I was cooking dinner.
  So, the witching hour wasn't so witchy today.  I had two princesses with very fancy necklaces walking around in plastic high heals, and a little boy just hanging out eating his snack.  It was quiet.  I have to do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.