Monday, July 22, 2013

21 Day Suger Detox

I know it's been a while, but I'm back!!!  You're excited, aren't you?  It has been 6 months, but who is counting?  

So, as I return to the blog world, I am going to be sharing the journey J and I (and a few others) will be going through over the next 21 days.  What kind of journey?  We have signed up to do a 3 week sugar detox.  That means no pasta, potatoes, most fruit, bread and pretty much anything that comes in plastic wrap down the yummy junk food isle.  Essentially, it is the Paleo diet with full fat dairy squeezed in.  The point is to rid yourself of the sugar and carb cravings.  I was a little skeptical, but after reading the manual (with some recipes included), the science of it made total sense.  The person that wrote it also wrote "Practical Paleo", a Paleo cookbook with menus geared towards specific ailments (thyroid, autoimmune, cancer recovery, heart disease, etc).  If you'd like more info on the detox, check out this link.  

Anyhow, today is the first day.  Monday might not be the best day to start something like this, but we set a goal and we are sticking with it!  Well, we have every intention of sticking to it anyhow.  We decided to check in once a day, but that has proven to be quite difficult.  As the day went on, support was needed.  Right about now, I feel like raiding my pantry and eating a tub of peanut butter with sprinkled chocolate chips on top!  And heck... why  not throw in some leftover pasta too!  BUT, as tempting as that seems, I am forcing myself to keep the goal in mind and think about of how awesome I will feel in just a week or so. 

Today's menu: 
Crustless Quiche
Mustard glazed chicken thighs and Greek yogurt with a green tipped banana (one of the only fruits allowed)
Chorizo taco lettuce boats

I need to find another option for breakfast.  The quiche made me pukey.  Lunch was perfect though, and I am REALLY looking forward to dinner.  

Stay tuned... I have a feeling it's going to get harder before it gets better!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.