Monday, August 13, 2012

Mermaid Nails and Puppy Dog Tails...

All too often  they are just a blur.


Photo credit: City Husband

A mermaid nail...or mussel shell...your choice



This sign always cracks me up...I often think of printing this picture and then putting it on my bedroom door.


We spent the last two weeks on vacation.  Time well spent at a family cottage with family.

I don't know why but I am constantly amazed by how my kids are growing.  Some mornings he looks taller...his feet bigger if that is humanly possible. My little guy is now big enough to walk "around the point" all by himself...and when with an adult, can be in charge of the dog.  He is on the verge of greatness.  He is grown up in many ways, but still is little enough to curl up in a lap.  

Or when I see my girl with the long legs and arms "teaching the little girls" ballet (aka the cousins that are a year older and 6 months younger than her.)  My little girl is full of princess tales and an imaginary world where mussel shells are "mermaid nails."  She believes with her whole heart that she will be a ballerina princess who marries Link (from the video game Legend of Zelda...yuppers she does...)

So in a way my vacation was full of just that...the time to see life for what it is full of...Mermaid Nails and Puppy Dog Tails...Wonder and Growth.

1 comment:

  1. And vacations are also just a blur... Boo!
    #1 and #2 have been playing ballerina all day, and even inherited a ballet book from a friend. Imagine their excitement!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.