Monday, May 21, 2012

Gardening at night












I awoke at 3 am with a long list of troubles rushing through my tired brain.  The nagging of the thoughts brought me out of be and to my feet.  
I gathered laundry and began washing.  
After hanging out the first load in the dark, I felt like it was time to begin some garden work. 

I got out the hose and gave the chickens their water and then watered the plants I'm holding on the porch until the fence is up.  
I Planted the cucumber seedlings and dug around in the potatoes to see if we had any growing. 

I know what was keeping me up, but thought it would be good to get my hands dirty and do some chores while the rest of the world slept.
After the sun came up, I saw the beauty in keeping busy. 
While keeping focused on the work I was able to clear my mind.
Able to focus on the task at hand.

Eventually, the rest of the household woke and it was on to "mom" duty.
Making breakfast and packing a lunch.
It got to be time that I could focus on the tasks that kept me up.

Making phone calls and writing emails.
Paying bills and fixing my schedule for the week.
On to filling out paperwork for yet another doctor for W.
We have an appointment with an ophthalmologist today.

The glasses came in and the patching has begun.
I can't see a thing through his glasses.
They are quite strong.
But he loves them.
At last he can see.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he loves his new glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green, green so much green in your garden. What a happy thing to view this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting with us girls...put your feet up and stay for a while.